Writers And Directors Worldwide (WDW) http://www.writersanddirectorsworldwide.org/
Writers And Directors Worldwide (WDW) is an official observer to the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights thereby making the voice of the creator heard in this important global forum.
Operated by an elected council drawn from the profession worldwide, currently WDW is focused upon six key policy areas:
- Fair remuneration for the original commissioning of work, as well as from the benefits of subsequent exploitation that represents a fair in the success of the work.
- Digital distribution including support for the new EU Parliamentary proposal for an unwaivable right to remuneration for directors and screenwriters where their works are made available online.
- A coherent global standard that sets a fee for the private copying of works on blank and electronic media.
- Effective management of the lending of ebooks in libraries worldwide
- To establish a workable solution whereby links between writers and performers create better access to new works for licensing
- Incentives to encourage young entrants to the profession to contribute to a diverse and active cultural future